Saturday, April 2, 2011

In the Beginning.....

There was plastic with paint on it and it wasn't too good. So, after the disassembly which took a while, my procrastination, which too longer, here is the beginning of the work on "Dig Dug". Yup; I named his machine after the age old video game from the 80's. Inspiration from my friend Eric, but I'll get into "why" some other time.

That is the graphic that I'm going to order for it to replace that horrid strip of aluminum and round "Notebook" badge on the lid. Here you can see the pictures of what it looks like when I started doing a little sanding to see how thick the paint is, and what sanding that areas where the badge was is going to be like.

Here are the two bezels (KB & Screen). As you can see, I've already gotten down to the light grey color of the plastic at the front of the KB bezel. Pretty ugly huh!?!

Here's the lid which you can see where the ugly aluminum strip and round badge was afixed. Below is a close up of the area that I intend to Bondo and make disappear; on top of which will go the Dig Dug decal after application of the color-shifting Green/Blue paint.

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment