Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Setback Week

OK; it wasn't as bad as this, but it was a pretty bad week all-around..... technology and otherwise. It started out with my ThinkPad R60 to "ChromeBook" project repeatedly locking up after upgrades. Who would've thought that simple speed upgrades like CPU, RAM and SSD, loaded with Windows 7 would toss cookies!
That was followed by the otherwise working MacBook steadfastly refusing to load up Snow Leopoard!
Then came the weekend of homeowner disasters. First; there was the little storm on Thursday night which blew down 3 sections of fencing along with the gate. That was followed by my 3-year-old nephew pulling down the 47" flat-panel and breaking it during my birthday party on Saturday! On Sunday, I pretty much spent the day working on the fence followed by daughter coming in during the night running 101.3 degree fever. We had Monday off. So of course, that was more time for fence-work, after which the family went out for the birthday dinner. OH....IT GETS BETTER! Daughter starts feeling bad, so we get it to-go. Then over to the sister-in-laws house for a quick hearing test for the wife (don't ask) who rolls her ankle and falls on the way out of the house! At least that solved, who was going to sit at home with daughter today! 
Guess what I get to do while I take my turn staying home with the feverish daughter? Yup.... I'm the fence-building maniac! 
Hey; at least I'll have a little time to work on the R60.... when I get the fence finished that is. Did I mention that I've been down sick with the flu ever since I got over the latest bout of Cat Scratch Fever a week ago? Maybe the French did have it right and I'd have been better off giving up in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment