Sunday, August 26, 2012

Amazon's Daily Deals

Even Frugal Propellerheads that keep an eye on everything need a little luck every now and then! A few nights ago, my wife reminded me that I needed to order some 3.5mm headphone splitters for her classroom before I went to bed. So I rolled over, and got on the laptop to order this thing. Weeeeell....in the midst of this, I noticed that Amazon was running a "deal of the day" as the Sandisk Extreme 240Gb for $154.99! I nearly fell out of bed! I had been charged with getting another laptop ready for my wife, by her highness, and as luck would have it, I had lucked into a nicely spec'd T61 for $80 on Craig's List a month or so ago. All I had been waiting for was to find a good deal on a bigger SSD. I'd say that 240Gb qualifies as a "bigger" SSD since I run 128Gb ones on my machines!
So anyway, from just dumb luck, I'll have her in a pretty quick upgrade from the Z61m that she's been working on. It needed a rebuild anyway, so it'll get that, and go to her new school with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment