Thursday, November 24, 2011

Grateful Propellerhead

On this Thanksgiving of 2011, I have a few propellerheaded thoughts. Let's start by saying that it's been a very good year and there's a lot to be thankful for!

  • The network became something more useful than allowing internet access for all the computers. The actual use of it in a modern sense of backing up or computers and distribution of media has been a revelation.
  • The file server running Windows Home Server, allowing all our machines to not only be backed up and access to files, but the goals of centralized media distribution has changed everything.
  • Of course, the thing that makes the home server a really useful was the media PC installed into the main AV system.
  • Combination of an across the board migration to Windows 7, along with the built in Windows Media Center. This turned into a virtually perfect interface with the my media as well as what's out there on cable and the internet.
  • Upgraded my wife from her R52 to a Z61m, my son from a T42 to a Z60t, my daughter from an X30 to an X31, plus added a Z61m to my arsenal.
  • Upgraded my desktop in several important specs, but most importantly a new 22" 1920 x 1200 S-PVA monitor.
  • And of course, last, but not least, is the camera upgrade to the D300. Although it didn't go without incident, it eventually got done and I couldn't be happier!

Of course, I'm certain that I've left off a few things, but WOW! It's been a good year for a frugal propellerhead and I certainly have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment