Friday, June 18, 2010

The Weird and the Wonderous!


So....if I didn't live in Texas, how quickly would I be staring at a police officer, if I just took this thing out in public and started using it!?!


Anyway, I bought a BushHawk (which is what this contraption is) from Craig's List a few weeks ago. Last week, I finally got around to ordering the adapter plate which would allow me to attach my big lens (Tokina 80-400mm) to it. Why? A number of reasons, but at the core of it; is this thing cool looking or what? It's not quite as interesting at this point as my inspiration, which was a camera called the Fotosniper (their word, not mine), which they develop probably some time in the 40's and then after several generations, and Glasnost, etc. began to appear in increasing numbers in the U.S. circa. 1980's. This thing is far more modern, but not quite as cool if you take into account the really interesting case, etc. that they came packaged in.


Pretty interesting little camera huh? Makes mine look positively civilized. I still want one of these things some day, just not right now. Especially since it was a good package day since I came home to find, the aforementioned adapter plate for the BushHawk, but also the new Manfrotto 804RC2 head which will allow me to use the repaired tripod, a package from my buddy Kym containing some of his surplus lenses that I can use and the perfectly timed replacement anniversary present for my wife since today is....TA-DA, our 10th anniversary!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that this particular BushHawk had supposedly belonged to noted photographer Franz Lanting who shoots for National Geographic, among other publications!





No comments:

Post a Comment