Thursday, May 27, 2010

The "New" D70S

Well; it's here. After a week of "expedited" Canada Post and hand-over to their American brothers, it showed up today. Normally, I would have gotten home well after the close of the PO and would have had to beg someone from our office to pick it up for me, but I was home early due to being on the 8th Grade Field Trip instead of teaching and driving the bus route. So, awesome for me! I was able to get down their 10 minutes before they closed and pick the thing up.

Sure enough, it has the exact problem the eBay seller described. Aaaand, just like he said, that's been the only problem I could find; well, except for the blacked out Nikon logo on the penta-prism, but I think I can get that black sharpie ink off with a little elbow grease. I mounted the repaired 18-55mm lens and it takes pictures just fine. So, now what?

I'm thinking if I can get a matching 55-200mm lens for it cheap, I can package it as a set and sell it at a good price, or keep it and use it, while.....wait for it......I sell off the D200! I've lost my cookies right? No, actually, my eBay and Craig's List watching is indicating that the price of D300s are coming down, but the price of D200s are still holding.....at this moment. Soooo, if I can get a decent price for it; like $600-700, I can probably sell the D70s/Kit all for around the price of the upgrade without spending ANY money out of pocket!

That the plan anyway. We'll see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment